Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Body In Motion Remains in Motion

A Body at Rest Remains at Rest....isn't that the truth?


Thursday & Friday July 17-18
I missed 2 days of "real" read: sweat enducing/cardio workouts due to various reasons. I did manage to do 2 miles Thursday & Friday of walking downtown and back each lunch hour. Plus situps at night.



Saturday July 19
I packed the kids up for a run around Normandale Lake where the event is taking place. As we drove raindrops started hitting the windshield. Fine for me - but I'm not taking the kids out for a run in the rain. Plan B? Target. Grabbed some things I needed and by the time I was done the sun was out. Went back to Normandale Lake and pushed the kids. Surprisingly subtle hills for a lake run. 2 miles 20 minutes with a few stops.

Sunday July 20
Post 40th birthday party - no morning workout no way. The night was another outing to First Ave to see the English Beat. 2 hours of some serious dance cardio. Again - does that count? Not on the duathlon training regimen.

Monday July 21
Turned 40. Spent the day strolling around the MN Zoo. Had to be some miles we walked. Majority of my presents consisted of bike gear. In the evening Peter sent me out. I did about 45 minutes of riding and tried out some of the route for the Iron Girl. Brutal hills, that's all I have to say.

1 comment:

kate hopper said...

Kay, I'm so glad you have a personal blog! I'm thinking of doing the Iron Girl, as well! I signed up last year, but then was pregnant, and didn't do it.