Saturday, July 5, 2008

Introduction

My name is Kay. I'm a parent in training to Ben and Vivian. I am also in training for the Iron Girl duathalon in September. It is a women's event where you run 2 miles bike 22 miles and run 2 miles. I am a race rookie aside from a handful of 5K fun runs. It is my goal to finish this event in honor of my 40th birthday. I also want to get healthy and fit after being perpetually pregnant since 2005.

My husband Peter, is also a parent in training. In addition, he is training for the Twin Cities Marathon which takes place a few weeks after the Iron Girl. Peter is no stranger to marathons, but put 2 little ones in the mix and it adds extra challenges.


So, are we nuts? Two parents with two under three trying to fit in time to get fit? Perhaps. But we are enjoying the journey to our goal along with our kids in tow.


To quote our son Ben "Go Daddy Go!" "Go Mommy Go!"

No comments: