Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sunday, August 31

Two loop Sunday. Tonight I did 22 miles on the bike. My goal is 45 minutes per loop - this took about 50 minutes each. Still less than 2 hours. You get kicked off the course if you don't finish the biking portion in 2 hours. So that is motivation right there. Also in my training there are pesky things like stoplights slowing me down - so hoping race day is faster.



Two breaktroughs tonight.

One: I didn't coast or put my brakes on during the downhill portions. I put it in a thick gear and pedalled all the way. The faster you go downhill the faster you can make it back up the upcoming one.

Two: I was able to grab my water bottle and put it back without falling off my bike. Who knew that that would be an issue? I have problems with balance. Something seemingly so simple as grabbing water always made me wobble. I found balance with the stabilizing my left leg while grabbing the water with my right hand. All the difference in the world.

No comments: