Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday 9/18

Went to the Iron Girl clinic/meeting at Penn Cycle tonight - babysitter fell through - so once again the kids are involved in my training. Took along the double stroller - we lasted 1/2 an hour before impending meltdown forced us to leave.

My takeaways - no one comes in last - even if there is nobody behind you there are how many thousands of people who are just getting out of bed - you're way ahead of them.
true so true.

First-timers - don't worry about time. How are you supposed to know what your time should be when you've never done this ? Just have fun and finish.

Only two people got kicked off the course for going too slow - so I think I can do it.


Tape pictures of things that motivate you or make you smile on to your handlebars - that will keep you going when things get rough.


- then Ben started screaming - time to make my exit....

No comments: