Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weekend Update Fri-Monday 8/8-8/12

Friday 8/8:
Fitness center workout - 20 minutes run 40 minute bike. Felt great!! Listened to my i-pod on my 80's mix. Toying with the idea of getting Spin instructor certification. Would love to teach an all 80's music class. Generation X-ercise? It would be a fun way to keep me motivated and get fit.


Saturday 8/9/08:
Friend Sara called up early Sat am to go on a walk around Lake Harriet. Loaded the kids up and went. Perfect! Love spontaneous exercise. Bagels at Brueggers after our walk were a big hit with Ben.

Then when Peter got home I went on an 11 mile ride around the first loop of the Iron Girl course again. Peter put my new odometer on 12mph average - I gotta speed that up. Again there are a lot of hills pulling down my average speed. My big thing. I put my brakes on going downhill. I know I've got to get over that - Peter says that's where you make up lost time. But I'm just so afraid I'll get t-boned at an intersection or hit an errant piece of gravel and wipeout at high speed. I need to proceed - with caution and with confidence.


Sunday 8/10/08
Ran/walked 3 miles to the store and back for necessities - milk and baby food. It's really is just easier to go with the double stroller than to go through all of the buckling rigamarole. Buckle up unbuckle - buckle into the cart unbuckle, buckle back into the carseat unbuckle - yada. Plus it was sample day so we got lunch! Hill running was actually easy. Biking is definitely helping my running and vice versa.

Took Chloe on a late evening 1.5 mile walk.

Monday 8/11/08

Lunchtime workout 15 min run 20 minute bike 10 minute run. You just fit in what you can in an hour .

No comments: